Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One last Word


Pretty sweet gratitude list


I feel like my final post in my 30 days of blogging was kind of a cop out--wheat bread, really? So here is my p.s. post.  Just a list of a few things I'm grateful for, in no particular order:



  • Christmas music (almost everything except The Little Drummer Boy...)
  • Pepsi Throwback--seriously, you gotta try it---I don't even like Pepsi.
  • Sticky, slobbery kisses from my kiddos.
  • A husband who gets to come home every night.
  • A warm house to live in, and parents who make it very easy to live here.
  • My health and the health of my family. I hope to never take it for granted.
  • My wonderful sisters. All of them. And my brothers too. All of them. 
  • The Gospel. This past year has been the hardest of my life, but the Gospel has helped me have perspective. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who is mindful of my little family. 
  • Warm boots.
  • Chocolate.
  • Cousins for my kids to play with. 
  • Dear friends that feel like family.
  • The opportunity that Ryan has to go to school. 
  • Loving and supportive parents. 
  • Christmas traditions, and kids who cant wait to celebrate the special day.

The holiday season is officially upon us, so 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sara--You've are so strong and I've been so impressed with your good attitude ever since you and Ryan have had to be apart. You're both amazing people.

I loved your list...those really are the things that matter.

Wish we could hang out with you one night during the holidays. It would be so fun...miss you.

Laura Bernard said...

Thirty posts, girl! You are amazing! And I'm glad you came back with this one. That wheat bread was a cop-out. :) Plus, now I can imagine that I'm on that list of things you're thankful for. Don't break my heart if I'm not . . . I can't handle it.

So glad Ryan is home. Hooray for the Holidays! And please, a little respect for The Little Drummer Boy. It's a total favorite at my house!

Samantha R said...

I have loved your posts over the past month! And I am so glad Ryan is back home...I hate it when Nathan are apart for just a few days, so I can't imagine how hard the past year has been for you.

Liz said...

1. Hooray for Ryan's Return!
2. You look great.
3. I'm calling you on our next trip out. We must do lunch.
4. I know you had the Real Stuff with your Thxgiving Pies.

slingwall said...

I wasn't going to say anything about the wheat bread, but it was a weak way to go out :) But you did end up pulling that one out with that post. Pepsi throwback I have never even heard of it. I am very thankful for you in my life. Love ya!