Sunday, January 10, 2010

Splish Splash

A few days ago my kids and I sat down and looked through all the blog posts of the past year. We had such a good time! There were so many things that happened that I had forgotten about. It made me resolved to blog more about the everyday activities that go on in our home. So, for my own and posterity's benefit more than anyone else, I am going to try and do just that. Here are a few pictures from the other night when the kids had an especially good time in the bathtub.



Isaac loves taking baths some days (like today), and other days it's like pulling teeth to get him clean. Maddie, on the other hand, is always up for playing in the water. Lately she will even ask to take a bath. I found some Dora bubble bath for her and some Lightning Mcqueen bubble bath for Isaac (a total slave to commercialism) and she is completely obsessed with these bottles of soap. Many times, the first words out of her mouth when I get her up in the morning are "Bano! Jabon! Dora! Lightning!" (Translation: bath! Soap! Dora! Lightning!). I have to keep the bathroom door shut at all times or she will sneak in there during the day and reek havoc with her bubble bath. She would rather play with that "toy" than anything in their toy box.

Lately Maddie has been speaking in more complete phrases every once in awhile. Here are a few of her most common sayings:
  • "I NEED my cars!"
  • "Watch Dora peas (please) mama!"
  • "I NO want it!" (this one is usually said at the dinner table)
  • "Here you go, Isaac!"
  • "What ya doin' Mama?"
  • "Papa at school?"
  • "Read a book!?!!"
  • "Bess you!" (whenever anyone sneezes or coughs)
  • "I NEED my blanket peas (please) mama!" 
  • "Boots a monkey! Boots a monkeeeeeeeey!"
  • Loves to try and sing the lyrics to the songs Life is a Highway and Book of Mormon Stories (such diverse taste in music)
  • She loves to count (thanks to Dora and Ryan for practicing with her) and she can count to 10 in English (minus the number 5--she always skips the number 5)
Today I was talking to Isaac after church and I told him that I had heard from a friend that he did a great job during singing time and that he knew the words to all the songs. He looked at me, proud as a peacock, and without saying a word, put both hands behind my neck and gave me a great big smooch on the lips. I'm guessing he liked the compliment!

No comments: