
Ryan's Grandpa Payne passed away early this morning. We all feel so blessed to have known such a wonderful man and he will be greatly missed. He was kind, generous, funny, loving, and accepting. Not to mention an amazing piano player. He wrote the music to one of the songs in our Church's Primary song book,
When Joesph went to Bethlehem. I was engaged to Ryan the first time that I met Grandpa Payne. I arranged to meet Ryan at their house on my way home from a trip to San Diego with some friends. Even though I inadvertently wore my U of U baseball cap and was teased for it, he still welcomed me with open arms into the family (he was stalwart BYU fan and professor of psychology there many years ago). I knew then I was gaining two special grandparents. He and his wife, Ruth, have raised six great kids who are all generous, kind, and loving, just like he was. He left a great legacy behind. If we have another son, I want his middle name to be Reed, after his Great Grandpa. We love you, Grandpa!
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that Ryan's grandpa passed away Sara. He sounds like he was a special man.
I'm sorry. It is never easy to say good-bye to somebody you love. He sounds like a wonderful man.
What a nice post! We will all miss him so much!!!
We are so sorry to hear about the passing of Ryan's Grandpa. He sounds like a wonderful man, you and your family will be in our thoughts!
He looks loveable for sure! SOrry to hear the sad news - it makes the plan of salvation that much more important when there's a death in the family - it makes death easier and more comforting knowing you'll get to all see him again!!
Post a Comment