Monday, October 26, 2009

Making Caramel Apples

Here are some pictures from this year's caramel apple making. We make them every year in October, and it was fun to have Gavin and Amanda, our next-door neighbors and good friends, join us. I made them do all the work while I barked out orders and took pictures. They didn't seem to mind too much.
Isaac and Gavin dipping the apples.
Maddie anxiously awaiting a taste of the goods.
Ryan was in charge of crushing the Reese's Pieces--both delicious and appropriately colored in orange, brown, and yellow--the perfect Halloween candy.
Here is Amanda with the semi-finished product. After the caramel, we dipped the apples in white chocolate and then either cinnamon sugar or Reese's (or both). Sadly, I never did catch a photo of the completely finished product---we ate them all before I realized it. You'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you that they both looked and tasted amazing.

6 comments:

slingwall said...

I do miss that tradition.

Mandy said...

How fun! Thanks for giving me the step by step tutorial in person, your the BEST!

Laura Bernard said...

How lucky I am to have gotten one! Seriously delish!

Do I need anymore instructions to make them other than melt caramel, melt chocolate? Wait for caramel to harden a bit before doing the chocolate, yea?

And lastly, how do YOU eat caramel apples? Do you actually bite into them or do you cut them up like I did? I feel like a retard even asking, but I've always been curious how other people eat them.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Please send me some:)

Sam said...

They look so stinkin good! (oh and where is your picture???) every year we do this too, unfortunately we fail and end up throwing them away becuase the carmel goes hard or the apples are bad. Wish us luck this year!

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.