Thursday, July 3, 2008

These are a few of my Favorite Things...

Because we live in an area where there are a lot of student families, each Spring some students move away (either because they are graduating or headed to do rotations in a different city), and each Fall new students move in. It is bitter sweet-it gives you the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful people, but it also means saying a lot of goodbyes.
My kindred-spirit-of-a-friend, Ashley, and I, wanted to do something fun with all the girls before the big move happens (Ashley will be heading to Ohio--sniffle...sniffle).
A special thanks to Andrea who gave us the idea of doing a "Favorite Things Party." Here's how it works. Each girl brought 3 of her favorite things (all the same thing). I saw everything from chap stick to candles to crossword puzzles and more. Each girl also brought her favorite snack/treat to share. We ate and talked and then played a little game. Each person introduced their favorite thing and why they brought it and then drew out three names from the jar (where we had all put our names on three different pieces of paper). Whoever got their name drawn won your favorite thing, so we all went home with 3 different things than we came with. Ryan thought I was crazy for wanting to have such a party but it was so fun (and he gladly took the kids so I could have a night out)!
Here's what I decided to bring as my favorite thing--a special thanks to my sister for introducing me to this amazing face wash--it actually gets warm as you lather it on your face---what could be more refreshing than that? Lisa and Aupreille showing off their faves Erica and Laura Lee--two friends who have since moved to Ohio Ashley and Robyn (who became the cheerleaders of the party--getting so excited and screaming after each girl introduced their favorite thing) All the girls crammed into Ashley's apartment----thanks Ashley!
I went home with some lip gloss, a cute baby bracelet for Maddie, some sweet-smelling soap, and a refreshing candle. I definitely see a tradition starting with this party.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, man, I wish I could have made it! Maybe I'll host next year's . . .

JaNae said...

You have sooo many friends....what a great idea. Excited to see you soon in Utah!