Saturday, June 7, 2008

Much Cuter Outside the Womb

Introducing our newest addition! Our little princess Madelyn Ruth was born this morning at 11:45am. She is adorable and weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and is 20 3/4 inches long---she trumped her big brother's birth weight by almost 3 lbs!At least now I have a tiny excuse for why I gained all that extra pregnancy weight...
We are already in love with her and feel like the luckiest parents in the world. Isaac doesn't really seem to fully understand the changes that lie ahead of him but we're a little worried that he might get jealous because she already has more hair than he has ever had. The food that the hospital brought me was much more intriguing to him than she was, but he has started calling her "baby, baby" when he sees her, so we sense that they will be bffs before we know it.
Both Maddie and I are doing great. Here are a few of the pictures that were taken today. You better believe there will be more to come. She's not too fond of taking a bath just yet. Our happy little family of four

24 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Omigoodness! She is a little fattie! What a doll! Isaac looks so cute in all those too!

But gotta go, I'm just stalling my lesson prep! Can't wait to see you and Maddie tomorrow!

Kandis said...

SOOOOOOO CUTE! She really is adorable! I love the hair...I guess all of that heartburn was worth it! Congrats to all of you, you're all so cute and look so happy! Let me know if you ever need a babysitter!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! She is such a little chubber pie. She is beautiful and Sara, you look beautiful too! I can't believe all that hair. I love her name, so pretty and so meaningful. We can't wait to meet her in July.

gramps said...

we are so happy! she is beautiful and a beautiful name as well. we are so proud of our kids and grandkids, this is really a great day!
mom and dad roundy♠♠

J said...

She's beautiful, congratulations you guys.

Kelly said...

Oh my, she is even cuter with her eyes open. Thanks for letting us come visit today. If you ever need someone to come over and hold her I am always available. Seriously she is beautiful. Congratulations again.

allie said...

Yeah!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Lacy said...

What a beautiful, healthy baby! I love her name, too. Your mom must be so proud! :):) Congrats! Sara, how do you get so tan??? Is it all the Iowa sunshine??? ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She came right on her due date right?- just like Evan! We're so glad you're doing well and can't wait to meet her.

Andrea said...

It looks like she has a ton of hair. She is very cute. I wish I could hold her! You look great! Congrats Sara, Ryan, & Isaac!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Congrats to all! She is gorgeous, and I'm jealous of all that beautiful hair. I'm sure she and Isaac will be good buddies. I can't wait to see her in person. Try and get some rest!

musson said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can't wait to meet her!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Ted and Hilery said...

Congrats! She is so perfect! I can hardly wait to see her. Your family of 4 is beautiful and it makes me even more excited for our upcoming delivery!!! :)

Brooke said...

I can't get over all of her hair...she is so adorable! I wish I could meet her today, but hopefully it won't be too long. Sara, you look great by-the-way.

Chrissy Jo said...

She is absolutely precious!You all look so wonderful.Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Sara!!
Maddie is BEAUTIFUL! And you look GREAT!!! I wish I were still in Iowa to come see you, hold Maddie, and bring you dinner. I can't wait to see more pictures! She's so precious!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Chris and Sally said...

I am so happy that everyone is doing well. She is absolutely gorgeous and I am glad you went with Madelyn, I love that name (I'm sure your mom is happy too). I will try to call you sometime in the upcoming week just to check in. Love you girl.

suely said...

Sara-
I am sooo excited for you! I can't believe all of that hair!
I can't wait to come by and see you guys. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. What a blessing these sweet little ones bring!

Elena Banks said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe how much hair she has -- I love it. Also, why my dear, after giving birth, do you look so beautiful? Simply unfair, haha. You guys look great, good luck with everything.

Robyn said...

OOps, that last comment was mine, I was signed in under my mom's account..
Love ya! Robyn MOns

Jessie said...

She's adorable and you look amazing! What a cute family! Congrats!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

What a doll! Love those chubby babies! You look great! I'd love to bring a meal over and meet her!

Megan said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I can't believe all the hair. My boys were more like Isaac. She is beautiful. Can't wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but you look a little too good for someone who had just been in labor. You're one of 'those';)

Wow that hair. I love it I love it! I'm so happy for you!

I hope you are getting a lot of help!!!!!!!!!