Thursday, May 29, 2008

One Year Down

On Tuesday Ryan took his final test of the year--hooray! It is so great to have him around more and not have to think about him studying (which I'm sure is much more of a relief to him than me). He did great this year and worked really hard, and we are really enjoying our time here (although back in February I had my doubts about surviving the subzero temperatures in the Midwest).
To celebrate him completing his first year, our fabulous friends, Logan and Ashley, took Isaac for the night and we went out on a date. It was wonderful (thanks guys!). Isaac did great with Ashley (or so she says), though when she first came over he thought she was here to babysit the house, and that he was going out with us. He kept waving to her and saying "bye! bye!"
First, we scored some free food at the new Chipotle restaurant that just opened up. I ordered the spiciest thing on the menu in hopes of inducing labor, but she's being stubborn and staying put for now. The food was great. We took it to-go and ate at a nearby park.
After that, we did a little shopping and bought little Isaac a new book (he is fascinated with word books lately--so we found a "100 first words book" and he loves to point out the dog, ball, and car. Only 97 more words to master.
After shopping we took a long walk around Grey's Lake where I made Ryan hold my hand pretty much the whole time because there was no stroller to push. He was a trooper and hardly complained at all :)
After the walk we headed home and Ryan whipped up a batch of Orange Julius for Ashley and Logan and I. It was a great night and a great start to the summer. Only 9 days 'til my due date! Something tells me I'll have to don that ugly brown shirt for one more photo op! For every one's sake I hope she hurries up!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

1st of all you look great. If only I looked as good as you at 9 months. Glad you guys could have a fun night out. It is always nice to leave the kids and a have an evening out to yourselves and not have to worry about hurry back.

Ashley said...

Seriously, she does need to make her debut soon because I need to meet her before I leave! So if you can just give her that little message for me! =)

I'm so glad y'all had fun last night! And oh how I wish I had another Orange Julius right now...those were so so good!

Mark and Aupreille said...

Isn't it so great that they are done!! I'm glad you had a nice night out.

Liz said...

I hope she comes soon for your sake! Were you on your date when my hubby rode by on his bicycle?

Lynn said...

...nice burrito, hand holdin' night out of the house. Nice going Ryan on putting the first year in your rear view mirror. Nice going Sara hanging in there. The time will go by quickly Sara with one kid for each arm!!!!

Papa Payne

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it the first year! And you were still holding hands after all that- phew!

Can't wait for baby girl Payne!!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Hooray for getting your first year done! Doesn't it feel GREAT!!! That burrito looks pretty good...date nights are great. For your sake I hope she does come soon! Good luck:)

Andrea said...

Congratulations Sara and Ryan. That really is an accomplishment. It is amazing how fast the years go by and you just grin and bear it (school that is). I'm glad you got to go on a date--that is priceless. Sara, you're in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there and we can't wait to get a phone call one of these days!

musson said...

Oh that burrito looks too good! I bet it tasted better since it was free!!

YAY!! for Ryan to be done with the first year. Before we know it we'll be MAKING MONEY!! That'll be the day...

Matt and Erin said...

Yay!!! And YAY that you got good food from Chipoltle. Matt and I went there too. It's not Bajio or Cafe Rio, but it's pretty darn good.